Joint Support Formula™ $30.00
Three part combination formula designed to provide both a nutritional foundation for long term joint health as well as acute joint problems
Three tablets provide:
PRIMARY CONNECTIVE TISSUE BUILDING BLOCK
Glucosamine Sulfate....................... 1,500. mg
(potassium complex from 2001 mg natural shellfish extract)
BOTANICAL COMPLEX TO FIGHT INFLAMMATION
Bromelainb......................................... 300. mg
Bioflavonoid Complex....................... 600. mg
Turmeric Rhizome (Curcuma longa) c 120 mg
Yucca Branch and Trunk (Yucca schidigera) 75 mg
Ginger Rhizome (Zingiber officinale) 75. mg
Quercetin............................................. 30. mg
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)................. 180. mg
Niacinamide........................................ 150. mg
Manganese (sulfate)............................... 5. mg
Zinc (L-OptiZinc® zinc monomethionine) d 3 mg
Copper (gluconate)........................... 0.15. mg
(a.) Standardized for a guaranteed potency of 60% boswellic acid. (b.) Enteric coated. (c.) Standardized for a guaranteed potency of 95% curcumins. (d.) OptiZinc® is a trademark of InterHealth N.I.
· Unique, 3-part formula provides a blend of glucosamine (primary building block of joint and connective tissue), a synergistic botanical complex with vitamins & minerals involved with the maintenance and repair of joint and connective tissues.
· Contains glucosamine sulfate (extracted from shellfish), the form shown highly effective and most utilized in clinical studies. Glucosamine sulfate is a building block of the much larger chondroitin molecule.
· Provides the sodium-free, potassium complex of glucosamine sulfate for added electrolyte support.
· High potency, full spectrum formula, manufactured under strict quality control guidelines in our regulated, federally registered, pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
· ADVANCED HERBAL DELIVERY SYSTEM® processing provides a superior product compared to typical herbals. Where appropriate, botanical ingredients are present as highly concentrated extracts for optimum digestion and utilization.
· Free of corn, soy, yeast, wheat, egg and milk products.
One to three tablets per day (take between meals). If patient is very sensitive, may be taken with food. Store in a cool, dry place away from children.
Dark gold caplet-shaped tablet; 30 or 90 per bottle.
· Glucosamine is a primary component of connective (especially chondroitin) joint tissue structures and fluids. Recent scientific and medical studies have confirmed the important role this substance plays in joint tissue treatments and effectiveness within pain management has been reported equaling a common drug.
· In our botanical complex we provide: bromelain; a natural enzyme complex from pineapple containing at least three unique cysteine proteases. This complex is effective at reducing swelling and inflammation around damaged sites, by impeding platelet aggregation and initiating fibrinolysis. By performing these roles, bromelain increases the blood flow to the injured tissues, and this helps return tissues to normal; highly concentrated standardized extracts containing boswellia, turmeric, ginger, and quercitin. These plants have been used for centuries as traditional medicines in India and China. Extracts from boswellia, turmeric and ginger exhibit properties for fighting inflammation primarily by reducing expression of the cathepsins (metalloproteinases) which catalyze tissue structure degradation and by reducing the effects of tissue necrosis factor (TNF), a key contributor to programmed cell senescence.
· We also provide vitamin C, niacinamide, manganese, copper, and zinc monomethionine (OptiZinc®); all nutrients essential for rapid recovery of joint and connective tissues. Vitamin C is a cofactor and the three metals are components at the active sites of enzymes producing collagen, cartilage, synovial fluid and other key components of connective tissues. For instance, vitamin C plays a well-defined role in the enzymatic synthesis of hydroxyproline within pre-formed collagen; this, along with other biochemical reactions, results in transformation of collagen from a filamentous, but elastic substance into a highly woven network with strength in all directions. A necessity for keeping bones and joints in alignment.
Osteoarthritic patients with high cartilage turnover show increased responsiveness to the cartilage protecting effects of glucosamine sulfate. S. Christgau, et al., Clinical Experimental Rheumatology 22: 36-42 (2004). The effect of glucosamine supplementation on people experiencing regular knee pain. R. Braham, B. Dawson and C. Goodman British Journal Sports Medicine 37: 45-49 (2003).
 Glucosamine sulfate compared to ibuprofen in osteoarthritis of the knee. H. Müller-Fassbender et al., Osteoarthritis Cartilage 2: 61-69 (1994).
 Bromelain and its clinical application. An update. S.J. Taussig and S. Batkin, J. Ethnopharmacology, 22:191 (1988).
 Regulation of vascular response to inflammation: inducible matrix metalloproteinase-3 expression in human microvascular endothelial cells is sensitive to anti-inflammatory boswellia. S. Roy et al., Antioxidant and Redox Signaling 8: 653-660 (2006).
 Safety and anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin: a component of tumeric (Curcuma longa). N. Cainani-Wu, Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 9: 161-168 (2003).
 Ginger extract components suppress induction of chemokine expression in human synoviocytes. P.V. Phan, et al., Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 11: 149-154 (2005). Suppressive effects of mioga ginger constituents on reactive oxygen and nitrogen species generation and the expression of inducible pro-inflammatory genes in macrophages. H.W. Kim, et al., Antioxidant and Redox Signaling 7: 1621-1629 (2005).